Monday 5 January 2009

It's That Time of Year Again!


January and most people are on a diet. The supermarket shelves are bulging with low calorie/low fat ready meals and the magazines are shouting about the latest way to lose weight.

I gained the usual half a stone over the two week Christmas holiday period. The difference this year was that I was already half a stone over my 'this feels comfortable' weight. I'm half a stone heavier now than when this picture was taken back in August. I feel awful. There are rolls of fat bulging around my midriff and my jeans are tight. Ugh! I hate feeling like this, which begs the question, 'Why stuff your face then?'

I guess most of us who struggle with our weight are just plain greedy. When all's said and done, we'd rather sit on the sofa eating something nice than go for a three mile run.

After a year of 'messing about' with different eating regimes, I've come to the conclusion that the only way to lose weight successfully (for me) is the Weightwatchers Points Plan. I can eat anything, but in moderation. Just plain common sense. I started last Friday (2nd Jan) and even after just one day I felt better and more in control. I just feel so annoyed with myself that I'm a stone heavier than this time last year. All that hard work undone, and I can't say I particularly enjoyed undoing it either! Oh well, onwards and downwards!

No comments: