Wednesday 7 January 2009

Hungry and Cold!

Today is the first day I've actually felt hungry since starting the WW Points plan last Friday. I'm also very cold (it's snowing outside). I don't think it's any coincidence that I did lots of walking yesterday (at least an hour's worth). There was a discussion on the WW 'Stay on Track' message board today about exercise and the benefits/disadvantages. Some people said that because they were building muscle, their weight losses weren't as good. I'm not so sure about this, because exercise seems to help me lose weight in that it speeds up my metabolism. The downside is, as I've just mentioned, feeling hungrier, so it's more difficult to limit my food intake.

I'm still on track today, but really don't feel like exercising! Just the thought of changing out of my cosy jumper and into gym gear makes me shiver! And I really don't want to get into the shower in the cold bathroom afterwards. I have planned a long walk with a friend tomorrow, so won't feel too guilty if I don't exercise today.

It's half an hour to go before lunch and I can't wait to get stuck into a bowl of warming butternut squash soup!

No comments: