Monday 20 October 2008

Chicken and Chorizo Stir Fry



I love 'one pot' or 'one pan' meals, particularly as I very often make a separate meal for myself. I had this delicious stir fry for tea tonight. I discovered it via the pig2twig Forum and although it is low carb, it is fairly 'Points friendly' as well. I worked out it's 7.5 to 8pts for the whole thing, depending on the size of the chicken breast.


Chicken and Chorizo Stir Fry (for one person)


1-2tps oil (I used olive oil)

1 small onion (sliced or chopped)

1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped

1 boneless chicken breast fillet (skin removed)

50g chorizo sausage

1 small yellow pepper

a handful of dwarf beans, chopped

a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves

3-4 mushrooms

salt and pepper


Heat a large pan or wok and add the oil. Once hot add the onions and garlic. Cook till softened. Add the chicken and brown. Throw in the pepper and beans and cook for 5 mins. Add the sliced chorizo sausage and cook till the oil oozes out of it. Add the spinach and mushrooms, season and cook till spinach has wilted. Serve.


I eat it as it is, but you can add rice or noodles, if you like. It's very quick and easy. You can add any vegetables you like, of course!

No comments: